promoImg1
Reflections From The Sixth Form at BGS
SUB MENU

International Baccalaureate 2015-16

Bedford Girls’ School is delighted to announce another set of strong International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme results for 2016.

The average score (out of a maximum of 45 points) for the BGS 2016 cohort is 36.4, significantly higher than the worldwide average of 30 points.

For the second time in BGS’ short history a student, Sophie Allen, has achieved an extraordinary 45 points, the highest grade possible, placing her in the top 0.1% of IB students worldwide. In addition, Iona Webster impressively scored a 7 in her Higher Level Maths, an incredibly difficult mark to achieve. Both girls are waiting for confirmation of their Oxbridge places.

Over two thirds of the Higher Level papers achieved the equivalent of an A to A*, whilst 85% of all Standard Level papers recorded an equivalent of an A* to B.

Miss Jo MacKenzie, Bedford Girls’ School Headmistress, said: “I am extremely proud of the girls, these results are a testament to their hard work and commitment, and to the staff’s superb teaching and support of the students.

“I believe the IB Diploma is an outstanding qualification, offering students not only a strong academic grounding but embedding a breadth of skills which will provide an incredible foundation for life.”

promoImg1
Reflections From The Sixth Form at BGS
promoImg1
Reflections From The Sixth Form at BGS