This website uses cookies to track usage anonymously - so we can analyse traffic statistics & improve our website. Learn more or opt out >> Accept

International Baccalaureate

Sunday 6th July 2014 saw the second set of IB Diploma results for Bedford Girls’ School and we were delighted with the excellent outcomes.

With an average score of 38 points, the students far exceeded the international average of 29 points.

Particular congratulations go to Zoe Carter, who achieved a maximum score of 45 points, placing her in the top 1% of IB students worldwide and enabling her to take up a place to study Natural Sciences at Cambridge.

In addition, a further six students achieved at least 40 points or more, whilst on the Higher Level papers 82% of students were awarded a Level 6 or 7, which is the equivalent to an A and A* at A Level. 

Headmistress, Jo MacKenzie, said: "The IB is an exceptionally rigorous qualification, which truly prepares students for the demands of university and the wider world. We are extremely proud of our girls as their achievements are a testament to the incredible hard work and commitment from them and their teachers. We wish the girls well and look forward to watching them succeed on the next stage of their educational journeys."